Please help promote this public service event. Contact Lloyd Klinedinst (email: firstname.lastname@example.org cell phone: (314)-609-5571 ) for more information or for a flyer version of this post for printing and distribution.
TOWN HALL MEETING
Pacific City Hall – 300 Hoven Drive
Wednesday December 11, 2013
Health Care Reform:
What’s Here? What’s Coming? What’s Missing?
Dr Ed Weisbart will speak to us about healthcare issues in the US including:
- what is currently available in Affordable Care Act
- the current and future state of US healthcare
- how our present system does address many vital improvements such as expanding coverage to millions.
- many problems still unaddressed, costing us unnecessary expense
- the myths and facts of US healthcare
- how America’s healthcare compares to other industrialized nations.
You will leave with a greater understanding of the healthcare we have now and what the future holds.
Dr. Weisbart practiced family medicine at Rush Medical Center in Chicago for twenty years before moving to St. Louis in 2003 to become chief medical officer at Express Scripts. He retired from that position in 2010.
Dr. Weisbart chairs the St. Louis chapter of Physicians for a National Health Program, part of the 26 year-old 18,000 member group that advocates for improving Medicare and providing it to all Americans. He also volunteers as a physician in a variety of safety net clinics and other non-profits across the St. Louis area.